Architectural Reading

Jardine House

I guess I am posting on a number of buildings in Hong Kong. Well, here's another:






I am posting on this building because it struck me as very interesting. It reminds me of a cheese grater without a handle on top. In reality, it is an office building in Hong Kong that is 585 ft. tall. It was completed in 1972 at which time it was the tallest building in all of Asia. It is the second "Jardine House" to be built. In my mind, it would have looked pretty modernistic in 1972. It looks very plain in the day time, but has an orderly sense about it.  At night though, the random pattern of lights changes it's appearance totally: during the day, the windows are darker than the facade, at night, vice versa. This building really stuck out to me.
Merry Christmas!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...